Spiga

My Blog

I'm quite new to blogging so I've had to ask a lot of help. If you're interested in starting your own blog, here are some worthy sites and people to look up to. My blog is still a work-in-progress so bookmark this page as I will be updating it as I go along the world of blogging. Happy blogging!

My blog is currently hosted for free at www.blogspot.com or www.blogger.com. I chose blogspot because it simply works. Easy to customize and settings are a breeze. It would be best to have a gmail account as it hosted by google which means it's all the email account you'll need to access google tools like Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Feedburner, Adsense (Money Maker) among others. Check out Wordpress too if you want another free alternative.


Techathand.net is owned by Engr. Dexter Panganiban, who opened my eyes to the benefits of blogging. A really approachable guy who helps out a lot of start-up bloggers too. His blog features techie stuff and how to make money online. Whoa money? Now, did that perk up your interest? Check out his blogsite now!

Does my blog layout look good? It's freely downloaded at www.eblogtemplates.com. Hundreds of templates that would suite you best all for a free registration. After you register, they email you tips on how you can improve your blog, again, all for free! Here's one of the tips: Improving Google Rankings in One Easy Step.

For quick sharing and bookmarking service which provides site analysis too, check out www.addthis.com. 

I haven't added feedjit here but I am already using it at my other blog at chordpraise. It's a great way of knowing where your readers are reading from and it brings a sense of satisfaction that someone else, other than yourself, is reading your blog! haha! If you want it, here is the link: http://feedjit.com/id/?clr=1

Another great way to obtain statistics shared to me by Engr. Dex is Amung. Stats are ranked by the quantity of users per blog post so you'll know which post/keyword is currently hot. You'll also get to check out what readers and plagiarizers are currently copying off your post. Freely register for Tnyt for more stats on copied content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment