Spiga

FTTH Technology

As is my usual routine after going home from work, I fired up my PC hoping to go online, socialize and scour the latest news updates, only to find out that our Internet connection was down. I called the ISP hotline only to be given the answer, "We are currently having a kingdom-wide maintenance." I just found out the reason for that maintenance today. STC is currently upgrading its systems once more, a breakthrough really, because via the Fiber to Home Technology (FTTH) they will be introducing the package which secures the highest internet speed of 100 megabytes per second. Now, sit down and think about that for a couple of moments, say 7 seconds. That's how long it's going to take to download a 700Mb movie file!!! More info about this from AMEinfo

If you have these kinds of speeds, you'll be need THIS too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment