Spiga

Systems Administrator

From Tier 2 Tech Support, I am now being tasked to be the Sys Admin in my present employment. Although I like the ring of it, being a Sys Admin is quite a daunting task from being a Tech Support.

I looked up the job description on google and found this on wikipedia:

A system administrator, systems administrator, or sysadmin, is a person employed to maintain and operate a computer system and/or network. System administrators may be members of an information technology (IT) or Electronics and Communication Engineering department.

The duties of a system administrator are wide-ranging, and vary widely from one organization to another. Sysadmins are usually charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects, supervising or training computer operators, and being the consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff. A system administrator must demonstrate a blend of technical skills and responsibility in order to perform their job well.

I look back on my years in Tech Support and it's been a long climb up. Well, I'm up for the challenge. Any Sys Admin tips you would like to share with me?

3 comments:

  Dexter | Techathand.net

August 30, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Uy Kap admin ka na pala.. congrats.. I hope increase in salary din yan :)

  IAnn | facebookOL

August 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM

@ Sensei: Haha! Salamat sir! I pray!!! ^^,

  Mags

September 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM

oo nga dapat may increase, what's in it for you kung di naman ma increase di ba? so go go go! at libre mo kaming lahat pag uwi mo. hahaha!

Post a Comment